RSA SecurID Authenticator SID700 (5 Year)
- BUYING SUMMARY: The RSA SecurID SID700 authenticator, displays a unique code that changes every 60 seconds.
- The user reads the token code from the authenticator's display and types their corresponding passcode (PIN + token code) into the application dialogue box as required.
- These tokens are good for 5 years, after that, you will need to purchase new tokens.
- REQUIRED Authentication Manager Licenses (Click Here to Add Licenses)
- Provides 2-Factor Authentication (one-time password)
- OPTIONAL SecurID On-demand Authenticator (Click Here to Add Licenses)
- Delivers one-time token codes via SMS or E-mail
Warranty: 4 Year
Availability: Hardware Tokens Normally Ship Same Day
RSA SecurID 700 Authenticator Datasheet
The RSA SecurID 700 authenticator is the most popular form factor in the SecurID authenticator portfolio offered by RSA, the Security Division of EMC, due to its convenience, reliability and security. Thousands of organizations
worldwide rely upon the SecurID 700 to protect valuable network and customer resources. Used in conjunction with RSA® Authentication Manager, the SecurID 700 adds an additional layer of security by requiring users to identify themselves with two unique factors - something they know, a PIN, and something they have, a unique one-time password (OTP) that changes every 60-seconds - before they are granted access to the secured application.
To access resources protected by the RSA SecurID system, users simply combine their secret Personal Identification Numbers (PIN's) (something they alone know) with the token codes generated by their authenticators (something they have). The result is a unique, one-time-use passcode that is used to positively identify, or authenticate, the user. If the code is validated by the RSA SecurID system, the user is granted access to the protected resource. If it is not recognized, the user is denied access.
- Convenient Form Factor
With its robust key ring, small size and easy-to-read LCD display, the SecurID 700 is a convenient form factor for employees, partners and customers.
- Reliable Authentication Solution
It is designed to withstand the worst conditions, offering industry-leading reliability. From temperature cycling to mechanical shocks to being immersed in water, the SecurID 700 is subjected to rigorous tests to ensure that customers do not face hidden costs due to token failures.
- Strong Security
The SecurID 700 offers a time-based OTP solution that ensures a strong level of security. It has a unique symmetric key that is combined with a proven algorithm to generate a new one-time password every 60 seconds. RSA technology synchronizes each authenticator with the security server, ensuring a high level of security. The one-time password,
something you have, is coupled with a secret personal identification number (PIN), something you know, to create a combination that is nearly impossible for a hacker to guess. The SecurID 700 is also tamper evident, meaning that if someone opened the token for nefarious purposes, it would be evident to the user of the device.
RSA SecurID At a Glance:
- One of the most widely used authenticator solutions
- Easy-to-use, "zero footprint" options
- Secures internal and remote network access
- Available in hardware and software token form factors
- Interoperable with most leading remote access servers, VPNs, firewalls and web servers
- Transaction-signing capabilities for sensitive financial transactions
RSA offers enterprises a wide range of user authentication options to help positively identify users before they interact with mission-critical data and applications through:
- VPNs & WLANs
- Intranets & Extranets
- Microsoft® Windows® Desktops
- Web Servers
- Other Network Resources