|2-factor authentication is necessary to ensure that your company knows who is accessing your data and that unwanted parties are not stealing or hacking passwords to access, steal or corrupt your data or operations.
With 2-factor authentication, your company can control:
- Administrator access to your networks infrastructure (firewalls, network equipment, data)
- External and internal (intranet) user access to your Web site, or Web application,
- User logon access to company workstations and servers (whether remote or internal)
- Storage of digital certificates for absolute identity control
- Physical access control to your facilities in addition to your data infrastructure
- OTP - a one-time user unique numeric password is generated by your 2-factor solution. This password is not available to anyone else and it is only usable once. These are typically distributed as key fob products.
- Smart Card Solutions - include USB plug-in tokens with hardware cryptographic chips as well as actual cards that can be read by PC card readers or by facilities wall readers to control both logical (data) and physical access within your business.
- Combo - units have both OTP and Smart Card functionality.
- Soft Tokens - provide the same functionality as #1 above, but the OTP password is sent to or generated on your phone.
- *NEW Adaptive Authentication - monitors and authenticates online activities in real time by correlating behavioral analysis, device profiling, and data feeds.